Machine Compatibility: B, C, D, E, G, J, K, L
Not sure which group your machine belongs to? Check out the Machine Compatibility Chart
The Perfect 1/4 inch Foot is designed to help you achieve a 1/4" (6mm) or a scant 1/4" (<6mm) seam when piecing. The needle hole in the foot is oval shaped allowing you to adjust the needle position.
The distance between the centre needle position and the guide is less than 1/4" (6mm).
- Snap-on the Perfect 1/4 inch Foot*
- Engage the IDT™
- Select a straight stitch
A. For a 1/4" (6mm) seam; adjust the needle position one or two steps to the left.
B. For a scant 1/4" seam; select a centred needle position or one step to the right.
- Place the fabric pieces right sides together under the presser foot, aligning the edges of the fabric with the guide on the foot.
- Sew the fabric pieces together guiding the fabric so that the edges touch the guide
- Press the seam allowance and measure the block
Note: Depending on the weight of your fabric and thread it may be necessary to adjust the needle position to achieve your desires seam allowance. Move the needle to the right to decrease the seam allowance and to the left to increase it. You can safely move the needle three steps in either direction but not more.
* Do not use the straight stitch plate when using the Perfect 1/4" Foot.
The Perfect 1/4 inch Foot is also wonderful for topstitching. Adjust the needle position and use the guide to place your stitching exactly where you want it on your blocks, garments and home decor projects.
- Snap-on the Perfect 1/4 inch foot
- Engage the IDT™
- Select a straight stitch, triple straight stitch or the mock and hand quilting stitch. Adjust the needle position as desired if needed.
- Place the project under the presser foot so that the guide on the foot runs in the ditch of the seam or along the edge of the fabric. sew.
Note: Red markings on the Perfect 1/4" Foot help you align the fabric when you start sewing, at corners at the end of your fabric.
For all machines with the manual presser foot lifters: When you are using any of the optional quilt feet with guides and sewing with the needle set to stop in the down position, it is recommended that the presser foot be lifted only as high as necessary for pivoting. Lifting the foot to the extra high position can cause the needle holder to touch the guide on the presser foot. The foot may become dislodged, causing damage to the needle and or the foot.