Machine Compatibility: J, L
Except expression 3.5, 3.2, 3.0, 2.0 expression 150
Not sure which group your machine belongs to? Check out the Machine Compatibility Chart
The Free-Motion Echo Quilting foot is designed to give you even more control when free-motion quilting.
The large base ensures excellent surface contact with the fabric and provides good control of the stitching.
The transparent base allows for 360° visibility. The vertical, horizontal and circular markings on the foot make it easy to follow a continuous line when quilting a pattern or following a design on the fabric. Sew straight lines or follow patterns with rounded edges in any direction.
How to use:
- Disengage the IDT™ system.
- Loosen the presser foot ankle screw completely and remove the ankle.
- Fit the Free-motion Echo Quilting foot around the presser bar; attach it with the screw included in the package.
- Thread your machine.
- Select a straight stitch.
- Set your PFAFF® sewing machine to Sensormatic free-motion mode. The feed dogs will drop automatically.
Note: When the feed dogs are dropped, the fabric is no longer fed by the machine. You must move the fabric.
- Bring the bobbin thread to the top by taking one stitch. Hold on to both threads and sew a few stitches in place to begin.
- Maintain a consistent speed and move the fabric in a smooth motion. You are creating the length of the stitch as you move the fabric.
- Stitch around the quilting motif, appliqué or pattern on the fabric, maintaining a uniform distance to outline the shape.
- Stitch a second row, maintaining a uniform distance from the first row. Use the red markings on the foot as a guide to keep your spacing even.
- Repeat as many times as you want to create the desired effect.
Note: When sewing in the Sensormatic free-motion mode at a low speed the presser foot will raise and lower with each stitch to hold the fabric on the stitch plate while the stitch is being performed. At higher speeds, the presser foot floats over the fabric while sewing.