The Open Toe Free-Motion Spring Foot is excellent for free-motion sewing and quilting. This foot is open in the front for optimum visibility while stitching.
The spring action keeps the fabric from lifting with the needle as the stitch is being formed.The fabric is guided manually when free motion sewing or quilting.
How to use:
- Disengage the IDT™ system.
- Loosen the presser foot holder screw completely and remove the holder.
- Place the Open Toe Free-Motion Spring Foot around the presser bar and attach it with the screw included in the package. Make sure the metal arm on the foot is placed above the needle clamp.
Hint: Lower the needle a little bit to make it easier to place the guide on the foot in the right position above the needle clamp.
- Thread your machine.
- Select a straight stitch or a zigzag stitch (maximum stitch width 5.0).
- Set your PFAFF® sewing machine to spring foot free-motion setting / free-motion position. The feed dogs will drop automatically on some machines. With other machines you need to lower the feed dogs manually. ( Refer to you owner´s manual).
Note: When the feed dogs are dropped, the fabric is no longer fed by the machine. You must move the fabric.
- Maintain a consistent speed and move the fabric in a smooth motion. You are creating the length of the stitch as you move the fabric. The red markings on the foot can be used as a guide when stippling or following a design.